Learn more about Stacey:
Stacey Miller is the senior manager, communications at Cision, the leading global media intelligence company. During her ten years with the company, she has pioneered influencer marketing, employee advocacy and social selling programs through both traditional and social media. An internationally sought keynote speaker, her writing has appeared in Forbes, CIO and VentureBeat, as well over 500 authored blogs. Stacey is frequently quoted in online publications as well as published books, including several college textbooks. Consistently mentioned in “top people to follow” and “up and coming pros” lists, Oracle named Stacey a finalist for its Community Manager of the Year Award in 2012.
Stacey started with the company in 2006. As a media researcher, she was captivated by changes in the media including the shift to digital. After excelling as a researcher, she was soon designated as a leader and led a team of researchers to implement and refine new features of the media database and news-on-demand collection for clients. After dabbling in social and creating relationships with journalists through the emerging medium, Stacey became the company’s first social media manager, piloting programs for customer, prospect, journalist, influencer and employee engagement, and nearly quadrupling the company’s social communities. As an integrated PR professional, she gained skills in social media, public relations, investor relations, content marketing, design, search engine optimization (SEO) and demand generation, and rapidly rose through the ranks to senior manager, communications. In her current role, she leads a team of external communicators and manages the strategy and execution of media, influencer and analyst relations, social media and community development. She has demonstrated exponential increases in awareness, mindshare, positive brand affinity, volume and relevance of media coverage, community size and engagement, as well as traffic and leads attributed to PR activities. She also manages Cision’s journalist facing brand, Help a Reporter Out (HARO). Stacey more recently guided HARO through a complete rebrand including website redesign and product development updates.
Some of Stacey’s most exciting work was managing the acquisition announcement of PR Newswire – the largest industry acquisition of its kind – which generated media coverage from the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Fortune and Reuters.
Additional notable work:
– Alerted the company to Help a Reporter Out (HARO) in its early stages, which the company subsequently acquired
– Retained over a quarter of a million dollars in business for the company through social media customer service and engagement
– Named a Top 15 Up and Coming PR Pro to Watch by Arik Hanson and Jeff Domansky
– Nifty 50 Top Twitter Woman two years in a row
– Increased top-tier media coverage by 400%, garnered a 30% increase in all media mentions and double-digit increase in positive media sentiment
– Led social media programs that garnered over 100% increase in traffic to branded web properties, a 400% increase in engagement and 50% increase in social conversions
– Pioneered the company’s first data-backed storytelling strategy to utilize key PR data collected from the country’s top events to earn top-tier media coverage in outlets like USA TODAY and Politico
– Has spoken at numerous national and international industry conferences, multiple times as a keynote speaker
– Garnered one of the highest viewed company webinars and Slideshare presentation for her topic “Brand Yourself Better” – focusing on personal branding for corporate communication professionals